Welcome to IndianRealEstateBoard.com – an online community with a purpose. The primary purpose of this website is to help and encourage Non Resident Indians living worldwide to Return to India. This is also an online meeting place to foster interaction and civilized discussions of topics of interest that make us think, laugh, brood, plan and act.
Here is some general Netiquette that we expect:
- Remember to be good Netizens.
- Respect other people’s time and bandwidth
- Make yourself look good online, watch your language
- Share expert knowledge
- Help keep flame wars under control
- Respect other people’s privacy
- Don’t abuse your power
- Be forgiving of other people’s mistakes
- Be Polite to your co-members
- Above all be considerate of the feelings of fellow members.
All registered members and visitors to this forum are expected to adhere to the Code Of Conduct [COC].
THE IREB CODE OF CONDUCT [COC]
A Member may participate and express himself/herself by using forum, blogs, articles, avatar, profile, signature, visitor messages, private messages, group messages, pictures in albums etc., Code of Conduct will be applicable to all of these content, even if it is not explicitly mentioned in the Code of Conduct.
Contents: Contents in the forum context includes, Member ID, Avatar, signature, profile picture and other pictures posted by member in any form, groups created, group name, group messages, private messages, visitor messages, profile comments, attachments added by the members, URL links posted , blogs, articles and posts published. All these content are subjected to COC.
Admin team has right to edit or remove any of this content that violate the spirit of CoC.
Personal opinions on any subject will be allowed. Posts with sustained repetitive attacks or blatantly offensive or inflammatory, may be considered for deletion (sustained, repetitive attacks are what will be viewed as egregious). Any attack / opinion must still be a civil voicing of opinion or a civil debate.
Dissent of any type in a civil manner is acceptable. Opinions against races, religions, countries, ethnicities when posted in a civil manner are acceptable. The key determinant here is that it is viewed as an opinion and not as an egregious attack. This determination can be subjective. The Admin Team judgment will be final.
Unacceptable Content/ Member Actions:
Major Violations that could result in ban or content deletion:
- Adult/Sexual content.
- Offensive Content: Offensive, provocative, graphically violent, inflammatory, disruptive to discussion, will be deleted. Egregious – blatantly offensive, repetitive and sustained – attack on religion, ethnic groups of people, races etc may be deleted. If violation is repeated, the member may be banned.
- Illegal Content: Any posts or threads that promote actions, activities or threats that are illegal, unlawful in USA and those posts that are deemed by The Admin Team as harmful for the continued services of this forum will be deleted and the posting member may be banned.
- Personal Attack: This forum takes personal attack on any forum member seriously. Posts containing foul language and words will be deleted. Any post that is an egregious (blatantly offensive) personal attack on a member or his/her family may be deleted. Posts focusing on forum members, rather than the content of their posts, are discouraged and may be deleted. Any post ridiculing a member’s handle/ID, Avatar or Signature will be deleted.
- Promotional/Commercial Content: Repeated posting of links to particular website or promotion of a product or service commercial in nature is disallowed. Blatant or disguised advertising of these forums will not be tolerated. Any URL or commercial link in signatures will be deleted. Only official sponsors of IndianRealEstateBoard.com are allowed to promote their websites in the discussion forums. Members promoting their services and products through private messages, visitor messages and those sending unsolicited emails/private/visitor messages to advertise will be banned.
- SPAM: Posts that are spam (same post unnecessarily posted in multiple threads) may be deleted and member may be banned without any warning.
- Editing /Deleting Admin Comments : Admin may edit a member post and add to the post or replace the post with admin notes or admin comments. Editing or deleting such admin comments will be considered as serious infraction.
- Multiple ids for a member: Using Multiple ids to engage in discussion. Creating multiple ids to circumvent the ban and continue participation in the forum.
- Repeating any of the COC violations
Minor Violations that could result in infraction points:
Accumulated infraction points could result in temporary suspension of member privileges like private messaging, search capability, posting etc., ban or post deletion. If sufficient infraction points are accumulated in short span of the time, it could result in temporary ban or permanent ban.
- Non-English: If a post is in a language other than English, a translation has to be provided by the posting member. Occasionally, a few lines in another language are acceptable. If a member repeats this style of posting regularly, the posts could be deleted and infraction points will be issued.
- Distracting: Any post whose format is deemed very distracting, such as a post unnecessarily in capital letters or other distractive formats or graphics may be deleted at admin discretion. Too many smileys, colors, multiple font styles, highlights in one post could be distracting. Posts in CHAT ROOM style or SMS style with all small letters and no punctuation, Posts with a lot of chat room style of posting will be subject to either edits or deletion (examples “u” instead of “you”, “r” instead or “are”, etc) could be distracting and difficult to read.
- Deliberate Disruption: Admin may delete posts that are viewed as deliberate attempt to disrupt the flow of discussion or are off-topic. [Posts that carry-over disagreements from other threads; deliberate attempt at turning a serious discussion into jokes/humor; deliberately diverting threads towards controversial topics such as religion, language, north-south debate, etc. ]
- Frivolous / No content: New threads started with just a link to some website with no or little commentary will be considered for deletion. Likewise, members resurrecting old threads repeatedly and unnecessarily with no new addition but obscure links posted to bump thread up may be warned to cease and desist.
Responsibilities of the Members
- Members are requested to mind their manners and be civil in discussions. Members of IndianRealEstateBoard.com frequently meet in person and collaborate. Please remember while replying to a post that you may meet the person you are interacting with very soon; this will help you to be polite in your replies.
- Members are requested to learn the format and structure of the forum and use the correct forum to start new threads.
- Prolonged debate (i.e., repeated/multiple posts) on any specific admin action diverts the attention of members from the real discussions, and hence is discouraged. Posts/debates on admin actions may be deleted or stopped. In all matters, The Admin Team judgment will be final. .
- Members may post classifieds only in classifieds section.
- Members who have their own blogs and websites can post the same blog content again in IndianRealEstateBoard.com, provided it is their own original material, a link to the original article can be included only if the full article is posted in this forum.
- Just an URL link to their website and blogs are not allowed. Members should not post email id, phone numbers or any private details of other members or any individual whose privacy is affected.
- If wish to promote their business, service or product, contact The Admin team and become a sponsor for this forum.—
- Any member ID that mimics any admin ID or mimics the forum name will be disallowed.
- At times, new members select some IDs that appear deceptively close to some existing ID (either one letter different or a hyphen or underscore added). Even though, such selection may be unintentional and without malice, such selection may be a cause for confusion. In order to avoid such confusion, admin may request the new member to select a different ID that is unambiguously different. Admin team can help you to change the member userid.
- When admin gives a warning to change the member id, member is usually given 24 hours to change the ID. If the id is not changed by the member, admin will change the member id to “Memberxxxxx” where xxxxx is the member serial id given by the system.
- In general admin discourages the use of multiple IDs by same member. If admin identifies a member with multiple IDs who is contributing to the same thread with multiple IDs, admin will expose that ID and may consider deleting it depending upon the obfuscation created by the multiple IDs. Use of multiple user ids could be misleading and could be used to sell a product or cheat others. If any member need to create another id for the use of their family member or otherwise, they should send a message to The Admin team using Contact Us link and inform them.
- Disputes with business / sponsors: Members should resolve product/service issues with business houses directly. Feedbacks and experience of the members can be posted after the service is rendered. [ Complaints about services and products received from sponsors / business, should be made with supporting facts. ] This forum should not be used as a tool for blackmail or used as an alternate to phone calls or emails or used as a media for resolving disputes. Such posts will be removed at the discretion of The Admin Team.
- There are hundreds of posts made in a day. It is not possible for admin team to read all the posts, hence will often miss some violations. Members are encouraged to notify in MT:Admin Member Communications (AMC+MRV) thread of such violations. (AMC=Admin Member Communication; MRV= Member Reporting Violation)
- Admin Team may advise certain action from the member against whom certain violations are reported. Members are expected to take such action recommended by the Admin Team without any failure within 24 hours; a non-compliance to which will result in the member ID being banned.
- Please note infractions expire after few days. Accumulating sufficient infraction points in short time may result in loss of privileges, temporary or permanent ban.
Rights and Discretion of The Admin Team
- May delete or close at its discretion, any thread of controversial nature that starts to degenerate or has many violating and / or offending posts.
- May delete the entire content, if found to be inappropriate or violating the COC.
- May spin off any new thread using the posts in any of the thread or blogs posted.
- May change the title of a thread
- May move a thread from one forum to another forum
- May add/edit a poll to the thread or close the poll at its discretion
- Delete user ids immediately, that are deemed blatantly offensive or derogatory without any warning
- Archive posts and make them available only for certain group of members
- In all matters, The Admin Team judgment will be final.
The admin will make decisions that sometimes in the eyes of some may be seen as wrong. This will include sometimes banning and deletions that some members may not agree with.
Likewise, some members may not agree with what admin will allow sometimes. What is acceptable and what is not are often judgment calls and not always popular decisions. We are Human and our decisions may sometimes either seem or be inconsistent no matter how hard we try to be consistent. It is not intentional.
For most actions, no admin acts unilaterally. Most decisions taken by the admin team are collective. The Admin Team decision is conveyed to the Members through any of the member of the admin team. Targeting an individual admin who executes a decision is a futile exercise. Do not shoot the messenger.
This Code of Conduct is subject to updates and any time an update is made, a message to the effect will be posted in Admin-Member Communications Thread. Members are expected to review and keep up with the policies of the board/forum.
The decision and the judgment of the admin team are final.
Terms and Conditions of usage
Neither the Registrant of this domain IndianRealEstateBoard.com nor the Moderators can accept responsibility or liability (express or implied, contractual, tortious or otherwise) for any material contributed to this website/forum.
We shall not be liable for any application of or reliance on any information contained on this website/forum which has been submitted by a third party via the Forum software. Considering the real-time nature of this internet based forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, and not the views of this forum or any entity associated with this forum.
We have no obligation to monitor the forum, chat areas, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. However, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by us necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this community, with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We at this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
The following applies to all forum postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted by you on the forum
(a) you must own or have the right to submit Content for publication on our website and all Content submitted by you must be legal, honest, decent and truthful and comply with our objectives and all applicable laws, regulations, standards or codes of practice; and
(b) you must ensure that all Content submitted to us does not infringe copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark or any other rights of any third party, is not obscene, abusive, threatening, libellous or defamatory of any person; and
(c) you must ensure that the Content does not advertise or otherwise solicit for either funds or goods or services.
We have the right to monitor Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if we believe it does not comply with the above. Although we will monitor and review forum/bulletin boards we assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content, nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations.
Please read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ carefully; they set out the basis on which you are allowed to use the Discussion Forum and the information contained within the website (the “Content”). They are to protect you as a user of the website (“User”) and to prevent the website from being used for any illegal or offensive purposes.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any claim to the extent that the same is characterised as a claim for, or arising from:
- -Loss of profits or anticipated savings
- -Loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- -Loss of business opportunity;
- -Loss of data;
- -Loss as suffered by third parties;
We are not liable for any loss, damage or other liability whatsoever arising from any Content, activity, terms or policies on or in connection with the website/forum.
We exclude all warranties, conditions and terms, whether express or implied to the fullest extent permitted by law in respect of the website.
You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to us and you shall indemnify and shall keep us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of Content submitted by you to us.
You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms by you, your employees or agents from any use of the website/Forum or from any of your Content.